Hey there! I’m Jessie, but I also go by shortyknits. I live in Chicagoland with my Sweetie and our kids. Between us, we have three boys – one mine, two his – between the ages of 8 and 14. Our lives mostly revolve around the kids and their sports.
When we’re not on the sidelines, you can usually find us on a path, in the woods, in a park, somewhere out hiking, enjoying nature, and participating in an activity/hobby called geocaching. Since Scott’s first find in 2008 and mine in 2011, geocaching has taken us on some amazing adventures and trips all over the US and Canada. My favorite geocaching story is actually the one of how we met.
Wondering about my geocaching name, shortyknits? Well, it’s actually pretty simple. I’m short, and I knit. I will admit that I don’t knit nearly as much as I used to, but I guess that’s what three kids, a full time job, and this wonderful hobby of geocaching will do. You can see more about my knitting on my Ravelry profile.
I hope you enjoy the stories, adventures, and tips I share with you. I always welcome feedback, so feel free to send me a quick message.
Do you have a geocaching, outdoor, knitting or some other fun product that you’d like to advertise? Drop me a note at email@example.com to discuss potential partner opportunities.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Runner up – KURJ 2013 Chicagoland Cacher of the Year
- Winner of GONIL‘s Cache of the Month for July 2014 – Favorite Holiday Themed Cache – 2014 Egg Hunt
- Participated in the August 2014 OpenCachingNA Diversified Cacher Contest, earning enough points for 5 entries into the drawing. My numbers were drawn twice, winning a $15 gift certificate to Cache at Night and the 101 Devil Caches book.
- Call Screener/Co-Host on The Geocaching Podcast since 2018
Previous Podcast Appearances:
- August 5, 2018 – Geocache Talk 110: End of Summer Geocaching
- March 23, 2018 – GeoGearHeads 325: Foolish Cachers III
- August 4, 2016 – GeoGearHeads 240: Smartphone Caching V
- June 29, 2016 – Geocaching Podcast 457: Grandfathered Geocaches
- May 26, 2016 – GeoGearHeads 230: Trip Planning I
- May 18, 2016 – Geocaching Podcast 452: Geocaching Host Quiz
- April 6, 2016 – Geocaching Podcast 446: Recent Geocaching Trip Recollections
- January 7, 2016 – GeoGearHeads 210: Smartphone Caching IV
- October 29, 2015 – GeoGearHeads 200: Road Caching VII
- September 17, 2014 – Geocaching Podcast 369: Geotrails, Geotours, You Say Tomato and I Say Tomato
- April 17, 2014 – Geocaching Podcast Episode 347: Geocaching Signature Items